Skip to main content

Education Technology I

Education Technology 1 - Day 1

EdTech1 will tackle the role of today’s technology on the teaching and learning in the classroom or simply Instructional Media Resources. This is also the very first subject under Prof. Olivar that I attended after doing the process of enrollment to the Bachelor of Technical Teacher Education (BTTE) that took me almost a week to accomplish. Although the process is not new to me, it took me a while to realize that this school that I’ve been away from for almost 13 years is very different now in terms of enrollment, student data handling and specially the curriculum since the last time I was as a student here. I have always felt that since I’ve already missed 4 of the 5 first meeting class because of the delays on my enrollment, I must not miss any of it anymore, and good thing I was present.

Our Professor explained the importance of attending the first day of class. There we were introduced to matters that will be discussed on the subject. What is expected of us to learn like this Web Log or Blog creation and the entries that she’ll require us to study and give insights with, the ethical issues that we’ll have to consider and the legal responsibility that need to be remembered. At work, I’ve come across lots of media type instruction and information delivery format that as I read the Course Objectives of this subject, it made me realize that it is indeed learning effective and technologically trendy. I’m excited to be introduced to these new skills. With the use of the software and hardware and experience that I’ve acquired from my work, and the knowledge that this class will impart to me, I can only imagine how lucky the students to have these in their time, and how blessed I am to have the lessons, topics and instructions delivered to them with the use of this ever developing media and technology.

As I compose this Blog, the thought of having all the advancement and development in Technology of our time is a product of the great minds and skills of each person that have contributed in creating a world of information, data, idea, knowledge and power. All the scientist, leaders, CEO’s and all the working force that builds this country have been a product of a family, a community and a country. All have been once a student and a member of a learning institution like TUP-Taguig. Now that I’m in this journey of learning to become a facilitator of learning of future builders of this nation. I must commit myself in gaining the knowledge on how to fully optimize the available technology, and keep up with the coming trends in Teaching.


It awes me listening to the Professors talk to us, how I admire being in there presence, seeing them share their mind to information hungry individuals. In the midst of a class of aspirant teachers (Hi classmates!🙋), it humbles me. I wish to stay as I say it "student mode", to  feed and learn until it’s time for me take charge and have my own class, using technology to educate them.(RBC_9.23.17_entry 001)


Comments